Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Michael Moore

Dear class,

Hey you are probably wondering when my next blog will be finished. Well guess what IT ALREADY IS FINISHED!!!!!!! It's very simple. My next blog is a letter that I sent to a comedian I admire whose name is Michael Moore. Now you are probably trying to think of why the heck I am studying a comedian while in home school.




Well first off he is not someone who makes exceedingly stupid fart jokes, he makes comedy extremely clever and heheheheheh. He also knows how to make a point with his jokes. Michael Moore does like to sometimes use crude humor and language (Mrs. Thompson please forgive me).

He is from Flint, Michigan and he tends to do a lot of daring stuff. His first movie was a film called Roger and Me. Roger and Me is post WW2 and is about America's largest car industry General Motors and how the chairman of the board of directors (Roger) was laying off a bunch of General Motors workers so he could get more profits. Michael tries to warn Roger that he is ruining people's lives and that eventually doing this will make GM go bankrupt.




The base of Michael Moore’s movies is basically people higher up toying with the average American citizen. And he sure as heck knows how to make George W. Bush look really stupid. Like in Fahrenheit 9/11 which tells us how our friend Georgie got us into the Iraq war. Or like in Capitalism: A Love Story which tells us about how Ronald Reagan made capitalism work for the rich.

He makes really good movies. Also he likes to Photoshop funny images into stuff like speeches, marches and other such things. Like in Sicko where the government is scolding you over socialized medicine and it cuts to the wheat fields in Soviet Russia with the working peasants singing happy songs.






It then occurs to him that we have a lot of socialized things back in America. Then he cuts back to America with the peasants still singing.








As for why I'm studying him my mom finds it appropriate to let me watch his movies and read his books because I want to make my blogs funny. That is why they're so entertaining to read. I am getting better at making clever jokes and putting funny pictures into my blog.

I am looking forward to the next class letter and hope that you write one back soon

See you in a month and a half.


Parker


Dear Michael Moore,

My name is Parker Wong. I am ten years old and live in Charlotte, N.C. but have temporarily moved to Shanghai, China for four months. Your writing and movies have become officially part of my home school work here in China. I am studying your comedy and trying to become a better writer. I am also one of hundreds of people out there reading your latest book "Here Comes Trouble." I enjoy some of your movies such as Capitalism: A Love Story, Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 9/11. I am deeply taken by these movies and hope you will continue to make more in the future.

My favorite scene from one of your movies is when you were driving around New York in the armored bank truck. and calling up to the officials to give the American citizens' money and bank funds back. It was very funny and had meaning. I have several reasons why I like your comedy. One: you make it sound very clever. Two: your jokes aren’t stupid fart jokes like everyone is saying these days. Three: You can move people with not only your jokes but also with what you just say. What you say can make some people laugh their butts off (don't tell my mother I said this). It can make people cry until the house is flooded and it can make people so angry at capitalists and George W. Bush that they tape a picture of his face to the living room couch and throw it out the window. Yes indeed thanks to you, your writing and movies and the fact that I am not brainwashed nor do I have cable TV I am probably the most political kid in all of Mecklenburg County.

The Democratic National Convention is coming up in Charlotte next fall and if you go there I would love to meet you. If you don't have the spare time to read this letter it is perfectly ok because I understand that you get millions of letters just like this. But if you have about five minutes to read this one out of thousands, I would be happy if you could maybe come to my house to have a little talk, a drink and maybe a bite to eat if you had the time. Of course you are the one and only Michael Moore and I don't want to overwhelm you with this titanic request. And you would probably be pelted with countless people asking for your autograph or phone number or possibly a quick picture before getting within two miles of my house. But if you have maybe two hours of spare time I would love to have you come to my house to discuss political matters or give you ideas for another movie, like one about the school board and the standardized tests that make everyone crazy.

I would appreciate it if you had the time to read this.


Your friend,


Parker Wong


P.S. My mom is an excellent cook and please don't take this as an offense but you look like someone who is very fond of hamburgers.

P.P.S. Here's a fun piece of my writing that you might enjoy: http://parkersshanghaitimes.blogspot.com/2011/10/bicycles.html

No comments:

Post a Comment