Monday, November 7, 2011

Cats of Shanghai


Oh, how cute. 


Dear Class, 

Cats are one thing that aren’t considered food here. In fact the people here love cats. There are cats on roofs, cats in bike baskets, cats in mouths hey if there is a comfortable structure here there’s probably a cat on it somewhere. 

The guy downstairs I mentioned to you in a previous blog I think is starting to like his cats more than his wife (so maybe that's why she was yelling at him the other night). He gives them a lot of attention and pets them and scratches them behind the ears and stuff like that. 

I have an extremely deep connection with cats here in Shanghai. The cats know that I am fond of them. Every time I walk up to a cat it starts purring and rubbing up against my leg. All of the cats downstairs like me except for Dr. Jekyll. Dr. Jekyll is a white scurrying fur ball that runs so fast he seems like he is teleporting and he is so shy that he only goes near the man downstairs and I swear he has laser vision cause he can see you from a mile away in the dark. Anyway let's meet some of the cats downstairs. 




Say hi to Tab. Tab is called his name because he is always sitting by the computer in the house of the old man. 




Assassin. 




Dr. Jekyll 




Cats like bushes. 




The man downstairs also made little houses out of old furniture for his cats.




Button looks like my cat Butterscotch. 




Are they dead? (taken from the window on the terrace) Assassin likes it up there too. 




I have a friend downstairs named Zhou but I just call him Orange. 




This is when I first met Orange. He was a little bit of a strange kitty. 


I have an extremly special conection with Orange. Today he took me on a walk and introduced me to some of his friends and toured me around the kindergarden in the complex. Orange is one thing I don't want to leave here in China. He expresses his connection by sitting in my lap and purring and I express my part of the connection by leting him do this and doing whatever I can to make him more comfortable. 




Mow mow purr. Translation: put me down! 




Wow. Warriors made it around the world. 




This is a new kitty that I found yesterday at my favorite corner store right outside of the complex. I decided to call the cat Tiny.




This kitten lives at the fruit stand below our apartment so I call her Apple. 

 


Kitty in the PARK!!!!!! 




Meow meow purr hiss. Translation: Is that boy holding a snowball? This cat lives at an art gallery we enjoy going to so his name is Picasso. 




Newly weds. 




Cafe Kitty. 

Well as you can see cats are almost every where except where we think they should be. Also keep checking my blog site because we will be doing a two part blog in Hanoi, Vietnam. 


Stay posted, 


Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment